How to Join Audax Atlanta
Any amateur cyclist can ride and enjoy randonneuring brevets regardless of their club affiliation or lack thereof. While Audax Atlanta is recognized as an official "club" by both Randonneurs USA and ACP, it is more accurately described as a loose association of randonneurs and long distance cyclists. To become a member of Audax Atlanta one must join Randonneurs USA and designate his or her local club as Audax Atlanta - club # 910004.
To join Randonneurs USA Click Here and complete the form, print it and mail to RUSA.
Benefits of Membership in Randonneurs USA
There are many good reasons to join Randonneurs USA (RUSA).
- You get a quarterly journal devoted to the sport of randonneuring. You also get a free member's handbook filled with useful "how to" information that will make you a better randonneur. This valuable publication is not available anywhere else. From time to time, RUSA also sends other special publications to its members.
- After you finish a brevet, you might want to buy a handsome commemorative medal from the Audax Club Parisien (ACP). These are only available to RUSA members.
- Only RUSA members are eligible to earn prestigious yearly randonneuring awards from RUSA and the ACP.
- Each RUSA member's yearly results are automatically tabulated and posted on the RUSA data base. This can be useful for showing qualifying ride completion if you want to enter a 1200k event such as Paris-Brest-Paris.
- If you should aspire to ride Paris-Brest-Paris, the Audax Club Parisen insists that all American entrants be RUSA members on or before the date of their first qualifying brevet.
- All the merchandise from the RUSA store is available only to members.
- Entry to RUSA "Permanents" is open only to RUSA members.
- Another reason to join RUSA is that it is a good thing to do. The organization is vital to promoting the sport in the US. Behind the scenes they work to help the event organizers, help develop routes and events, provide insurance to the local clubs, etc.
Membership in RUSA is based on the calendar year. Make sure your membership is up to date by December to ensure credit for January rides!